Imagine having your embroidery stored in a handy journal that you can take anywhere you want, flip through whenever you feel like it.
Which is always by your side, and you can touch the pages and appreciate the texture and warmth of your work, and reminisce the times when you stitched it.
Get started now!
Do you like reading books? Or looking through sketchbooks?
You know, I actually have a separate playlist on Youtube for Sketchbook tours, and a Pinterest board for Art Journals because I love seeing how creatives express themselves on paper.
Maybe that’s why I got so invested into creating art journals using embroidery as a medium.
Replace paper with fabric, pens and paint with thread, add to that lace, ribbons, beads and sequins. The possibilities that hand embroidery and all of its styles present for expressing yourself are practically endless!
The variety of types of embroidery journals you can create is also mind-blowing.
- It can be focused on a certain embroidery style like needle painting or whitework,
- It can be centered around a certain mood or theme like vintage journal or botanical journal,
- It can be focused on affirmations and inspirational quotes,
- It can be your sketchbook type of journal where you try out various styles and techniques.
EMBROIDERY JOURNAL IS LIKE A STITCHED DIARY
It is an intimate outlet where you express yourself and let your emotions, feelings, ideas flow. The most important is to let yourself fly, let your inner world talk, let your curious and experimentative inner child take the wheel.
Maybe that's the secret behind art journals BOOSTING YOUR CREATIVITY.
As you allow some things flow out from you, the new ideas, reflections and feelings take their place, which creates a continious creative spiral.
In this course you will learn how to compile your own embroidery journal:
- Starting with making your very first page
- Adding another page and creating a spread
- Growing your journal by adding more and more spreads to it
- And, finally, completing your embroidery journal with a cover.
And what is a better way of learning than practice?
I will give you 3 pages, worth of 24 motifs, out of which you can pick ANY that you want, and make your own mini journal with them!
This is an adventure worth exploring!
Get started now!
I'm a hand embroidery blogger and designer of patterns. Self-taught from scratch and eager to spread the knowledge and passion for all thing embroidery. It will be my pleasure to help you make your first steps in this art and guide you through your next evolution phase. Let's stitch this world beautiful :)